Session timings are shown in US Pacific Time (PT).
SUMMIT: Monday March 13
- What role do farm, ranch and barn management play in improving livestock and poultry’s environmental impact?
- From feed production to food processing, how can animal agriculture protect water, wildlife and other natural resources in its supply chains?
- Where can the sector make an instant impact, and what will take time and resources to reduce its environmental impact?
- Sinks, sources and sequestration: How can we ensure thorough accounting for carbon in protein production?
- From nutrition to conditions, how can animal care reduce the likelihood of disease?
- With a growing preventative toolbox of pharmaceutical therapies, genetic improvements, precision livestock systems and enhanced nutrition, how can producers optimize animal health on-site?
- Where is the line between regulator intervention and private sector action in improving animal healthcare and antimicrobial stewardship?
- When treatment is inevitable, what innovations are breaking through to allow farmers and veterinarians to treat disease sooner and more effectively?
- How is our growing understanding of the animal microbiome driving new approaches to animal health and performance?
- How successful is the current adoption of advanced nutritional solutions on farms and ranches and how consistent are the outcomes across different contexts?
- What benefits can improvements in animal gut health have on human and environmental health?
- We have the technology to make an impact, so how can we make climate action profitable and scalable?
- How can geography be overcome to build capacity in different regions and accelerate climate action?
- How are innovations in traditional and novel feed sources creating more circular, sustainable and nutritious animal diets?
- Where can traditional feed sources and novel innovations combine to provide enhanced nutrition and improved sustainability in feed supply?
- How can animal productivity be optimized through improved feed, precision feeding and feed additives?
- What is inhibiting new feed sources from scaling up and how can the sector help accelerate this process?
- After the approval of gene editing in cattle in 2022, how large a role could it play for beef and dairy?
- How will new regulations impact companies developing and providing genetic solutions for the animal protein sector?
- Now that some genetic edits for cattle have been approved as low-risk, will other species follow suit and are there any traits geneticists have their eyes on?
- In a challenging economic environment, where does responsibility lie for funding innovation in animal welfare, healthcare and sustainability?
- How can the sector ensure farmers and ranchers can take risks to improve practices despite uncertain conditions?
- Where can the wider sector assist in reducing barriers to innovation, creating new revenue streams and opening up new ones?
- How can we best utilize data to track changes and inform better decisions in animal supply?
Two digital leaders in the animal agtech sector will present success stories, followed by audience Q&A
Six of the most innovative early-stage start-ups will take the stage to give a quickfire pitch to a panel of investors followed by audience Q&A.
Join focused, interactive discussion groups to deep-dive into the specific topics that are most relevant to you and your business.
- What is holding back PLF systems from reaching their full potential in the sector, hardware, software or data availability?
- What are the similarities and differences between different farms and ranches that need to be considered when developing applying PLF systems on-site?
- Should the focus be on refining current solutions or developing new and innovative products?
- Where can precision technology companies collaborate with input producers in the sector to increase the potential benefits for the farmer?
- How can knowledge and experience from other sectors help agriculture increase connectivity between stakeholders and create collaboration from farm to fork?
- What role do accessible data experiences play in reaching the potential of automation and boosting productivity on-farm?
- In a sector with lower margins and returns, how can we ensure that start-ups have the time and resources to fully develop their products?
- With the cost of capital increasing in an uncertain global economy, what can be done to support innovators in the sector?
- What can corporate and venture investors provide beyond capital to assist start-ups in the sector?
- What trends are investors keeping a close eye on at the moment?
- From farm to fork, where are the opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to capitalize on innovation?
WORKSHOP: Precision Livestock Farming - Tuesday March 14
This workshop will explore the greatest challenges and opportunities facing precision livestock farming. Join livestock production leaders and precision farming experts to investigate the pain points of PLF and discover the technologies and partnerships needed to unlock the potential of data-driven insights.